Welcome to the RO-LCG 2014 Conference
The RO-LCG Conference addresses current topics regarding the application of Grid, Cloud, and High-Performance Computing technologies in physics research and related areas. Its scope is to provide a forum for discussion and an opportunity of idea exchange between various participants, such as representatives of e-infrastructures, providers and beneficiaries of advanced computing services for high-energy physics, developers and users of software applications, computer scientists, researchers in computational physics and site administrators.
The main topics of the conference include
- E-infrastructures for large-scale collaborations
- Recent developments within the WLCG collaboration and the RO-LCG federation
- Technological developments in grid computing
- Cloud solutions for scientific research
- Development and optimisation of software applications in Grid/Cloud/HPC environments
- Advances in high-performance scientific computing
- Using Big Data technology for scientific applications
- Monitoring, management and organization tools
The Conference is organized by the Horia Hulubei National Institute for Physics and Nuclear Engineering (IFIN-HH),
and technically sponsored by the Romanian Section of the IEEE.
The accepted papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings and will be indexed on IEEE Xplore.